Monday, March 15, 2010

A Jagaur does'nt leak oil... It's Marking It's Territory...

I love my car. It was a very pampered car when I bought it, but because of very extensive problems I had it completely restored from the frame up. I had expected it would be neceassary when I bought it, so it was no surprise. There is nothing what-so-ever on this car that is not new from the factory using the factory specifications - no modifications, period.

I own thirteen cars consisting of Mercedes, Rolls Royces, Bentleys, and Jaguars. Out of all that I own I feel that this car is the most reliable. I would feel more comfortable driving this car cross-county than I would my new Rolls. The car is quirky, but that is part of its charm as far as I am concerned.

The handling is superior to any car I have ever driven. It is a large salon, but it will zip around curves and stop on a dime. The acceleration from a full stop is not that great, but once the 2 1/2 tons is rolling it will take off easily.

Regarding the performance remarks:

*I rated it a 10 for performance because of the way it handles.

*I gave it a 10 on reliability basing it on the car after restoration.

*Comfort is only a 5 due to the interior space being somewhat cramped because of the center console and small seats.

*Dealer service is definitely a 10. They took it upon themselves to help locate the correct parts that could no longer be ordered, sometimes staying well into the night.

*Running cost is rated 8 simply because it guzzles gas. I average 11/14mpg.

I spent an exorbitant amount of money restoring the car the way I did, but it is worth every penny of it. The series 3 saloons are among the most beautiful Jaguars ever made, and this is most likely the only brand new one.


3rd Jun 2004, 00:15

I loved my 1986 Jaguar XJ6 SIII. It was a mint car and it was not that expensive to fix. I still feel that the SIII was the sexiest body style (it was designed by an Italian) --well maybe the new XK8 is pretty darn good looking too. The car looks like it is moving when it is parked. As far as any leaks---if it ain't leakin' your out of oil! Part of Jaguar/Land Rover give back to the planet program. Enjoy your car...it's a beauty.

Vote:

31st Mar 2005, 01:43

I just want to say, we brought an old 80 model xj6 over 10 years ago and it has never broke down once, although I will agree there will always be problems and with a jag its not an easy job to fix, but I would never own anything, but jag from now on, smooth and sleek to drive, and where I come from unique.

Thanks see ya.

Vote:

19th Oct 2006, 16:23

I have a 1987 Jaguar XJ6 Series III that is a pleasure to drive. Yes, it leaks oil, and its gas mileage is not that great, but even in 2006, this car still turns heads (it's Solent Blue metallic in color--a very rich dark blue) with its seductive lines. Slow off the mark, it becomes deceptively fast, and handling and braking is right on the money. I feel no hesitation in throwing this heavy car into curves at good speed--the Pirelli Super Touring tires hold it in place. It typifies all that is good about a Jaguar--good-looking and sporting with a racing heritage behind it. Plus, real wood in the interior!

I spent several years looking for this particular year and model--well worth the wait. People leave notes on the car wanting to buy it. Sorry, this is a real keeper! Find a nice one, and you will not be sorry!

Vote:

31st May 2007, 02:03

I have owned an xj6 for over a year now and love it. In terms of luxury and price there are no comparsions. They way it just effortlessly rolls past cars on the highway, as a student whenever I go through the Uni carparks and see people looking at me, IT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER ABOUT MYSELF, and that's what motor vehicles should do.

Vote:

3rd Sep 2007, 01:40

I was just reading on reviews about the 80's model jaguar and funny thing I saw some one driving one about 2 weeks ago and looked it up and to my sup prize I found one in the paper a 1985 jaguar for $800.00 so I thought I would have a look. it was gorgeous no oil leaks low mileage interior and exterior are just perfect no dents or scratches and the motor runs great. the only problem I have had is the battery was bad, but that was an easy fix.

I have had it for only about a week now, but already inlove with it. and already had 2 offers to buy it. and I am not letting this one go.

I want to thank you all for sharing your love for these jags.

Vote:

5th Sep 2008, 03:05

I bought a 1987 Jag XJ6 and I love it. I am willing to spend 15,000 dollars over the next 3 years for restoration and won't bat an eyelash, it looks great and runs great now. It is gun metal grey, and I want to paint it black and tint the windows and make it a shockingly beautiful car, even though it is beautiful the way it is.

Vote:

21st Jan 2009, 14:37

I recently took ownership of a 1994 Jaguar Majestic 4.0 Auto in British Racing Green and I love it. Yes it can be greedy but on longer hauls on the motorways you can have the cruise control optimise the consumption. The only minor problem is that my electric mirrors are not working. I do not know for the life of my why I never realised this dream earlier. It is a stunning car and is "ogled" where ever I go with it as opposed to in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment