Saturday, March 27, 2010

Colour vaccuum


















Everything in the dessert is more condensed. The colours, the smell, the temperature but most of all the sound, or the lack of sound.

The only thing you hear is the wind, the emptiness transferres the sound of approaching cars and trucks into the sound of a slightly harder wind.

Being surrounded with the loudest quietness I’ve ever heard and being in the most violent nature I’ve ever been in, the dessert sucked out the tension; quite the contrary feeling, of loneliness, anxiousness and desertedness, I had imagined the dessert would bring me.

I’ve experienced how sunset pulls the colours out of matter and leave you in a colour vacuum. Sunrise on her turn gently takes you back out of that vacuum and brings back the colours, you almost feel the colours touch your skin. The world after that experience just isn’t the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment